GATE 2019: Registration, Application Form, Exam Dates, Syllabus
GATE 2019: Registration, Application Form, Exam Dates, Syllabus:-.
GATE 2019: GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is the entrance test which is of national level that aims at giving admission to the Post-graduation level courses. The main courses offered through GATE includes technology/engineering/architecture and after passing this examination, the candidate will be getting admission to Ph.D./ M.Tech./M.sc programmes in institutes like IIT, IISER, IIS and various other institutes.
GATE 2019 Registration has been started from 1st september. The application form is available now. The exam will be managed by the IIT, Madras this year.Through this article you will gain knowledge about GATE 2019: Registration, Application Form, Exam Dates, Syllabus
Official schedule of GATE 2019
|GATE Online Application Processing System Opens||Saturday||1st September 2018|
|Closing Date for Submission of Application form online||Friday||21st September 2018|
|Extended Closing Date for Submission of Application form online||Monday||1st October 2018|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (Note-an additional fee will be applicable)||Friday||16th November 2018|
|Admit Card Availability from||Friday||4th January 2019|
|GATE 2019 Examination(Tentative dates and time)
Forenoon: 9:30 AM to 12:30 Noon
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM
|2nd February 2019
3rd February 2019
9th February 2019
10th February 2019
|Announcement of the Results||Saturday||16th March 2019|
GATE 2019 Complete registration process-
1)GATE Online Application Processing System registration
2)Click register here icon on official website
3)Fill the following details in application form-Name, Mobile nuber, Country, Email Id, Set password
4)Than click on submit button
5)Than you will receive your enrollment ID through Email and SMS
6)Than login with your account on official website(with your ID and password)
7)Fill Exam related details(Exam paper, country, exam city1/2/3)
8)Provide personal information and qualifying degree details
9)Upload all necessary documents(Photo, Signature, Eligibility document, Eligible certificates. Note for image size-Maximum Size: 480×640 pixels, Minimum Size: 240×320 pixels & Dimension: 3.5cm × 4.5cm and signature Maximum Size: 160×560, Minimum Size: 80×280 pixels & Dimension: 2cm × 7cm)
10)Save and view your application. If all information correct than submit the form
11)Proceed towards payment, choose any payment method and pay amount. Download application form and print it.
12)Download application form and print it.
What is new in GATE 2019?
1) A new paper Statistics (ST) is added in GATE 2019 Syllabus
GATE 2019 examination fees:-
|Centers in India|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Female candidates||Rs. 750|
|All Other Categories||Rs. 1500|
|Late Fee(if applicable)||Rs. 500|
|For Examination Centers in Foreign Countries (All Candidates)|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US $50|
|Dubai and Singapore||US $100|
|Late Fee(if applicable)||US $20|
GATE 2019 Eligibility criteria
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2019 (No age limit)
|Qualifying Degree / Examination||Description of Eligible Candidates||Year of Qualification
not later than
|B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology ( Either 4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering /Technology)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (5 years course)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2019|
|Pharm. D. (after 10+2)||6 years program, consisting of internship or residency training during sixth year||Currently in the 4th/ 5th/6th year or already completed||2021|
|M. Sc./ M.A./MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.)||Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/Technology (4 years program)||Currently in the 2nd/ 3rd/4th year or already completed||2021|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. or Dual Degree(after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology (5 years program)||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed||2020|
|Int. M.Sc./ Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or 5 years integrated B.S.-M.S. program||Currently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|Professional Society Examinations*
(equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.)
|B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India and so on)||Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
GATE Exam Pattern
Papers: GATE examination will be conducted for 24 subjects/papers.(This year statistics new subject added)
Date: As earlier mentioned 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2019.
Exam Mode: Computer based online test.
Type of Questions: In the examination, MCQs & Numerical type questions will be asked.
Attempt: Can appear only in any one paper of GATE examination.
Session: There will be two sessions, i.e. forenoon (9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon) & afternoon (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM).
Validity of Score Card: GATE 2019 score card will be valid for three years from the date of declaration of result.
Number of Questions: Total 65 questions will be asked in the examination.
Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
Duration: Three hours.
It is compulsory to attempt General Aptitude (GA) section.
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||negative marking||For 1 mark question, 1/3 marks will be deducted.
For 2 marks question, 2/3 mark will be deducted.
GATE 2019 SYLLABUS
- GA – General Aptitude: Numerical and Verbal Ability.
- AG (Agricultural Engineering): Machinery, Farm Power, Engineering Mathematics, Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, Farm Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, etc.
- AE (Aerospace Engineering): Flight Mechanics, Engineering Mathematics, Aerodynamics, Space Dynamics, Propulsion, Structures.
- AR – Architecture and Planning: Building Materials, Architecture & Design, Building & Structure, Environmental Planning and Design, Construction & Management, etc.
- PE – Petroleum Engineering: Linear Algebra, Oil & Gas Well Testing, Petroleum Formation Evaluation, etc.
- BT (Biotechnology): Engineering Mathematics, General Biotechnology, Recombinant DNA Technology, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, etc.
- EC – Electronics and Communication Engineering: Networks, Engineering Mathematics, Electronic Devices, Signals & Systems, Digital Circuits, Analog Circuits, etc.
- IN – Instrumentation Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Signals and Systems, Electrical Circuits, Control Systems, etc.
- Computer Science and Information Technology: Digital Logic, Engineering Mathematics, Programming & Data Structures, Computer Organization & Architecture, etc.
- EE – Electrical Engineering: Electric Circuits, Electromagnetic Fields, Engineering Mathematics, Electrical Machines, Signals & Systems, etc.
- EY – Ecology and Evolution: Evolution, Ecology, Behavioural Ecology, Mathematics & Quantitative Ecology, etc.
- ME – Mechanical Engineering: Applied Mechanics & Design, Engineering Mathematics, Fluid Mechanics & Thermal Sciences, etc.
- MN – Mining Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Geomechanics & Ground Control, Mine Development & Surveying, etc
- Physics: Classical Mechanics, Mathematical Physics, Thermodynamics & Statistical Physics, Electromagnetic Theory, etc.
- Mathematics: Complex Analysis, Linear Algebra, Functional Analysis, Real Analysis, Algebra, Numerical Analysis, etc.
- GG – Geology and Geophysics: Common Section, Geology & Geophysics.
- Chemistry: Physical Chemistry, Inorganic & Organic Chemistry.
- Production & Industrial Engineering: General Engineering, Engineering Mathematics, Manufacturing Processes I, Quality and Reliability, etc.
- MT – Metallurgical Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Extractive Metallurgy, Thermodynamics & Rate Processes, etc.
- TF – Textile Engineering & Fibre Science (TF): Textile Fibers, Engineering Mathematics, Fabric manufacture, Structure & Properties, etc.
- Civil Engineering: Structural Engineering, Engineering Mathematics, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, etc.
- CH – Chemical Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Fluid Mechanics & Mechanical Operations, Process Calculations & Thermodynamics, etc.